I'm a College theater geek, I love to dance like no bodies watching and sing at the top of my lungs :)
LET ME TELL YOU A THING ABOUT SHIRLEY TEMPLE
Not only did this ABSURDLY ADORABLE little superstar pretty much singlehandedly save Fox and the movie industry during the Great Depression, she also
- was one of the first (possibly the first) white actress to hold hands with a black man on screen as half of the first interracial dance couple on screen.
- was largely responsible for making breast cancer okay to talk about after she had a press conference about her own mastectomy
- became president of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and co-founded the International Federation of Multiple Sclerosis Societies, because her brother had MS
- was the first female Chief of Protocol in US Government history
- served as a US ambassador during the fall of Communism and was pretty much an all around international BADASS
And according to her husband, she was always true to herself. “Over 38 years I have participated in her life 24 hours a day through thick and thin, traumatic situations, exultant situations, and I feel she has only one personality. She would be catastrophic for the psychiatric profession. You can wake her up in the middle of the night and she has the same personality everybody knows. What everybody has seen for 60 years is the bedrock.” (x)
Shirley Temple is hands down the most legendary child star of all time and she grew up to be a total BAMF. Rest in peace, Curly Top.
photo credit: this awesome blog
[A vertically formatted two panel comic-strip of Wonder Woman looking at a less muscular, more cleavage-baring poster of herself that she comments about by saying: “Fucking Photoshop!”]
Yay, awesome muscles!
“He does still surprise me and he makes me hungry to work with him and see what he does and comes up with. [The Master] was something that I came up with because I wanted to spend more time with him. We’d worked together a lot, five times. But it was never enough. It was a supporting part or something like that. It never felt like we’d gotten super dirty enough together" - Paul Thomas Anderson
Rami Malek as Ahkmenrah in Night at the Museum
h AVE YOU NEVER SEEN NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM BECAUSE THAT IS ONE HELLA FINE FILM.
BAM. KAHMUNRAH. AHKMENRAH’S BROTHER.
BAM. NAPOLEON BONAPARTE, IVAN THE TERRIBLE (the awesome o mg such a qt pie) AND AL CAPONE.
(Yes that is Shane from TWD)
SACAGAWEA. (And everyone who is everyone ships Sacagawea and Roosevelt I mean come on adorable right???)
Again, for positive representation, absolutely beautiful relationships and a lot of history, all wrapped into one film, then g OD DA M N TI WAT C H TH I S FILM